Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I had an opportunity to go fly my bird with an old friend this past weekend.  Bryan is into paramotoring.  These guys fly anywhere from 10' to 5000'+ riding a parachute with a 2 stroke engine and propeller strapped to their backs.  Of course my bird can only fly to 400' per the FAA, but getting some shots of them flying was my mission.  I love the colors of the parachutes.  Reminds me of hot air balloons.  I took some video at the locations we visited, and came up with this.  Hope you enjoy it.




It's was a great day for flying.
I called my dad and invited him to come along since of course he'd want to show off his bird too not to mention capture some cool shots of this sport.  My dad and I started Saturday morning by meeting Bryan and his friends at 6:30am in Katy, Texas. We got some great shots of the sunrise with our DJI Phantom 3 Professional and 3DR Solo.



Lots of room out here in Katy.
While we were getting acquainted with this new area we've never flown in before some police, fire, and EMS vehicles arrived.  It appeared someone called 911 about 'some guy had just landed in a field with a parachute' near the Katy Freeway and Grand Parkway.  Many thanks to the local authorities for getting to us so quickly, but there wasn't an emergency.  We had permission from the land owner to fly over this immense field and no one had fallen out of a plane.  The authorities did a great job of investigating and checking on us.  If there were ever an actual emergency I feel good knowing we'd be in good hands.



Bryan preparing the chute for launch.
After shooting some great footage in Katy, we ate lunch with the gang and drove down to Texas City.  We set up on Skyline Drive and started shooting these incredible machines right on the Texas coast.  How cool is that?  It was a great day for friends, family, flying, and awesome video.






Fabrizio showing off his paramotor.
Bryan attaching the paramotor to his ride.












No comments:

Post a Comment